Hedge Fund Attorney
Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a talented attorney to join our firm for an 18-24 month “returnship” as a member of the firm’s legal team supporting our fund of hedge funds business. This position is ideal for an experienced and hard-working attorney who has spent some time out of the workforce and is looking to transition back into a career in the legal field.
What you will do:
- Assist on updates to fund documents (e.g., PPMs, subscription documents).
- Review and prepare summaries of terms regarding underlying fund investments.
- Review and negotiate NDAs with investors and underlying fund managers.
- Review and negotiate vendor agreements and engagement letters and representation letters with tax, audit, and other professional services firms.
- Advise on marketing of funds in non-U.S. jurisdictions and other regulatory matters.
- Review and draft disclosures for marketing materials.
- Ad hoc projects to support Legal team.
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience as a private funds or investment management attorney
- 1+ years spent out of the workforce in a full-time capacity
- Experience with negotiating and drafting complex agreements, fund formation, and regulatory issues relating to private funds and registered investment advisers
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and judgement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong drafting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of conscientiousness and proactivity
- Collaborative team player mentality